Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vego Savoury Muffins

We all love muffins, right?! Well I've got a recipe for you that will tingle your taste buds and have you head over heels in love with SAVOURY muffins.

Now, I don't know about you, but I am generally not a fan of the savoury muff but these are deelish.

My babes adore these, and they are also a fab alternative for breakfast.

:: Vego Savoury Muffins ::

2 1/2 cups of self raising flour
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
3/4 cup roast pumpkin
a little bit of roast capsicum (I cheated and used the stuff in a jar!)
a sprinkle of pitted kalamata olives
feta or any other cheese (I used about a block as I LOVE feta)
about 1/2 cup of basil pesto (again I used the stuff out of a jar)

Preheat oven at 180 degrees for about 10 mins
Mix up egg, milk and oil in a bowl.
Add flour and all the extras
Don't over mix it too much
Pop the mix into a muffin tin - I used the big old Texas muffin tin
Bake for around 30-40 mins, it really depends on how soggy your mix is. Just keep checking and test with a skewer.

YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...