Thursday, October 18, 2012

Persian Love Cake | Recipe


I have a very important question to ask you, do you like cake? It is hard to believe, but there are some people out there who do not like cake.....weirdo's!

Well I love just about every type of cake there is. One cake I had never tried, but heard a lot about was the Persian Love Cake. I sampled some a few weeks ago and its distinctive taste had me hook, line and sinker.

After a quick google I found the recipe over here. I have added a splash of this and a sprinkle of that. The end result is a 'grown up' tasting cake.

Give it a go and let me know what you think.

3 cups  almond meal
1 cup  raw sugar
1 cup  brown sugar
120 grams butter
2  eggs, lightly beaten
1  cup greek yoghurt
1  tablespoon nutmeg
1/2  teaspoon of rosewater
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1/4   cup chopped pistachios

1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Combine almond meal, sugars, butter and 1 tsp salt in a bowl, then rub with fingertips until coarse crumbs form. 
3. Spoon half the mixture into a greased and lined 26cm-diameter springform pan, gently pressing to evenly cover base.
4. Add egg, yoghurt, nutmeg, rosewater and remaining crumble mix and beat with a spoon until smooth.
5. Pour over prepared base, smooth top, scatter pistachios and sprinkle some cinnamon around edge and bake until golden (30-35 minutes.)
6. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack to room temperature, then serve with extra yoghurt. The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...